Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars

No-Bake Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars

non-stick cooking spray
2 cups creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
4 cups pretzels, broken
2 cups NESTLE TOLL HOUSE semi-sweet chocolate morsels
2 cups crushed graham crackers

My preparation method was to take out all of the ingredients and measurements for the recipe. The mixing method I used was the creaming method because I needed to mix the peanut butter mixture by itself. I think its pretty similar to making cookies like we did in class because it's pretty easy, but a tad more complicated than cookies. My preparation method affected the final product well, it ended up tasting very good.

The appearance of the bar was layered. There was a layer of crushed graham crackers on the bottom and then the middle peanut butter layer and then finally the chocolate top with the pretzels. The taste was just like the recipe says "Sweet & Salty" there was also a nutty flavor to it. The texture was thick and creamy. A little hard with the frozen chocolate on top and crunchy from the pretzels. The aroma of the bar was just peanut butter. Since the majority of it is peanut butter that's all you can really smell.

I think that I would try a make this again, but it is pretty difficult to make. Especially more for me. Something I learned from this experience is to be careful when melting you chocolate over the stove. I accidentally burned it a little bit so it started getting chunky. My dad had to help me get it back to tasting and looking normal. Also, don't leave the pretzels on the bars because they will end up getting stale easily, especially from constantly being in the fridge. Otherwise, in the end it tasted great.

Maria Spangberg
Hour 1




No comments:

Post a Comment