Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sugar Cookies






Homemade Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
*1 cup butter
*1 cup sugar
*1 large egg
*2 teaspoons baking powder
*2 and 3/4 cup flour
*1 teaspoon vanilla






Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees 
2. In large bowl cream butter and sugar with electric mixer
3. Beat in egg and vanilla
4. Mix flour and baking powder in separate bowl
5. Add 1 cup at a time, combining after each addition
6. Divide dough into 2 balls
7. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8 inch thickness
8. Use cookie cutter to cut out shapes
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light brown
10. Frost cookies and add sprinkles for decoration


Evaluation: 

For this recipe, I used the creaming method and I followed the instructions to a tee. The only time that I strayed from the recipe was the baking time. Since my cookie cutters were pretty small and my oven usually is a higher temp than it says, it only took them about 7 minutes. Not knowing it would be this quick, I ended up burning the first batch a touch on the bottom, however they were still edible just not the top choice between all the cookies. 

Critique:
Sugar cookies are very basic, but these cookies were insanely good! They were chewy, yet not tough and crunchy but not rock hard. Some of them did look better than others but they all tasted the same. The overall appearance of the cookies were golden brown, done to perfection. The aroma of these cookies was savory and very sugary, since they are sugar cookies. The texture was perfect, a little bit crunchy, but a perfect chewy inside. The taste was the best part though, these were by far the best sugar cookie I have ever had. These ones bursted with flavor and were buttery but sweet at the same time. All these flavors mixed together perfectly to create a cookie that nobody could resist if they were handed one. 

Assessment:
Now that I found a recipe that is this great, I think I will have to use it every year for Christmas! These cookies were gone after just a week, even though I do have 4 siblings, that is still very quick. They were delicious and I will no doubt make them again next year for the holidays! One thing that I learned from this assignment is that you should follow the recipe, but if it doesn't turn out it is okay to adjust it a little bit to fit the needs that would make it better. 




No comments:

Post a Comment