Monday, January 4, 2016

Spritz Cookies

Maddy Harder
1/4/16
Hr.2

Spritz Cookies

                        Sprits cookies had become a family tradition during the Holidays; my grandmother would bake spritz cookies that are shaped as a christmas tree, star, or a flower. They had became my favorite part during Christmas and I would wonder how spritz cookies were made? Luckily my grandmother offered to show me how to make them while I was over at her house. She would start out adding both dry and liquid ingredients that are unusual than baking regular cookies. After the dough was mixed into a fluffy yet flakey texture, she would put the dough into a tub with the cutout shape attached to it. It looked like what you used for decorating a cake; as she filled the tub she pushed the dough through the tub onto the pan that was inches away, but not touching the pan till the shape of the cookie appeared on the pan.

                     After the cookies were done baking, I've noticed that the edges of the cookies were turning brown, my grandmother said that's how you can tell when the cookies are done. Then after tasting the spritz cookies I've noticed that it was neither soft nor flakey as it had it's own texture to it. The aroma of the spritz cookies had a sweet scent to it along with the smell of a buttery, sugary armor to it. Once bitting into these cookies it makes you feel that Christmas spirit feeling to it.

                     I would definitely makes theses cookies every Christmas for the next generation to come as it became a tradition in my family and the next to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment