Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Candy Cane Oreo Brownies


Ingredients:
3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of boiling water
2 cups of white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of salt

Package of candy cane Oreos
White chocolate
Crushed candy canes

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Spray cupcake tin.
3. Dip Oreos into brownie batter and then place into the bottom of a cupcake tin.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
5. Pop the Oreo brownies onto a cooling rack.
6. Once cooled drizzle white melted chocolate and candy canes on top of the brownies.

For this recipe I followed the recipe exactly how it was. When I was making the brownies I used the muffin mixing method. I know I used the mixing method because I mixed dry ingredients and dry ingredients separately. I also used beaten eggs in this recipe.

The appearance of these candy cane oreo brownies were very festive. You could kind of see the separation between the brownies and oreos in the one bar/treat. The taste of the treats were very rich and minty with the candy cane oreos and the crushed candy canes that were on top of the brownies. The texture of the cookies were chewy from the brownies, and the oreos made it crunchy on the inside. The aroma of the brownie oreos were warm and and you could also smell the mint too.

I would make this treat again. It was so good! However when eating these treats I would advise you to limit yourself as they are very rich. And next time when I'd make these, I would add more brownie batter into the cupcake tin after putting the oreo brownies into the cupcake tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment