Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Pizza Critique

Pizza Critique

We had to try three types of pizzas. They were homemade, pre-made crust, and frozen pizza. At home, I usually go buy pizza from Pizza Hut, or Pizza Studio. Trying all these types of pizzas was very disappointing, because I did not like how they tasted. Pre-made crust was bland, homemade tasted like it was just too much--even though it was the best out of all, and frozen tasted like cardboard!

Homemade Pizza- ✮✮✮✰✰

The homemade pizza was juicy and cheesy. The cheese was soft, and it was stringy. The pizza was kind off mushy because when I picked it up, the pizza felt so fragile. But the color was beautiful. It was orangery with speckles of white cheese on it. The fact that it was homemade was interesting because I have never had homemade pizza. I was surprised that it actually turned out pretty well. When I eat pizza, I like to have a mix of flavors; this pizza had more sauce and flavor to the others but it was too simple for me. The crust was soft for me, I like a thin and crunchy crust. The aroma for the pizza was in first place; it smelled like a real pizza compared to the other ones. But when I ate it, it was the plain tomato sauce with a thin crust and too much cheese.

Pre-Made Crust- ✮✮✰✰✰

The pre-made crust came in second place. The pizza was too flat, It seemed to have barely any sauce on it. It looked very pale, lumpy and bland. It was not appealing at all. There was no flavor except for the cheese. The pizza was overall very boring. But it surprised me that this pizza crust was store bought! I thought that store bought crust would be much worse than this. Even though it did not taste very well, the crust tasted the best out of the whole pizza. The pizza seemed to be very greasy, because of the cheese. I do not enjoy eating greasy foods, so it did not appeal to me at all.

Frozen Pizza- ✮✰✰✰✰

Out of all the pizzas I tried, the frozen pizza was the worst! The color was dark and burnt. The whole pizza was extremely flat. The meat was all shriveled, it was not what I was hoping for. I eat frozen pizza occasionally, but compared to the homemade pizza, I almost gave this pizza a zero! The cheese was no where to be seen because the whole pizza was brown and dark. It was very stale, it seemed like it was very old. After one small bite, I could not stand to take another. The pizza seemed very stiff. It practically had no taste at all. It tasted like a very fake and cheap pizza.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, the pizzas did not meet my expectations. Out of all the pizzas that I tried, the homemade pizza placed first. The aroma made me want to eat the pizza right away. Even though it was too simple of a pizza for me, it tasted the best compared to the pre-made crust and the frozen pizza. This taste test has made me realize that I will never have frozen pizza again!

No comments:

Post a Comment