Saturday, December 12, 2015

Home Study #1

Jessica Fagan
Hour 1
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

For this project I made homemade chocolate chip cookies and for this project I used the muffin method to prepare this product. This method was similar to one we have used in class because first what you have to do is mix all the dry goods together, and then mix all the liquid goods together, then you combine the dry and the wet goods together. In class we used this method when we were making the scones. This was similar because we had to mix the dry goods and wet goods together separate first then you combine them together. During my preparation, I added to much salt and in the end making the final product tasting really salty. Other than the salt my preparation of the product turned out well, i followed the directions and did everything it told me to do. If I could change something to this recipe I would have to say, that I would add less salt, and more chocolate chips. I would add less salt because in my final product it was really salty and it overpowered some of the other ingredients. I would add more chocolate chips because I felt like it had very little in the final product and I would like a more chocolaty taste in my cookies. 

The final product turned out pretty good actually, besides having to much salt other than that it was really good. The texture of the cookies was a perfect soft cookie, it was almost as good as Martha's cookies. The appearance of the cookies were a nice golden brown and they were cooked at just the right time and temperature. The aroma of the cookies were chocolaty. The taste of the cookies were sweet, but also rich, with a salty taste to it. Overall, I think the cookies turned out really good, and even the next day when I ate them they were still very soft and chewy, so they were baked at the right time to make them nice and soft. I would defiantly make these cookies again because they were so good, and I would recommend this recipe to anyone who loves chocolate chip cookies. What I learned from this experience was how to make really soft and chewy cookies because I was never able to make them that nice and chewy before, I always ended up making them hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment