Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Pizza Aroma

Walking into Baking and Pastries on Tuesday, I was hit by a wall of the unmistakable aroma of pizza. Pizza is one of my favorite foods and just catching a whiff of the melting cheese and baking crust got my taste buds ready to eat. In class, we had to taste three different kinds of pizzas: frozen, partially made, and home made. This was my quest to find the perfect pizza aroma.

The first pizza I tried was the frozen pizza. My first impression of the frozen pizza was, "This looks like the kind I make at home!" The golden brown cheese and the bright red sauce gave off good vibes. However, I realized that this frozen pizza had thin crust, not a huge fan. When I took my first bite, I tasted the bold tomato sauce with a mixture the very bland mozzarella cheese. I also noticed that the crust was very crunchy and not very tasty. Prior to eating the pizza, I took a big whiff hoping that this was the magical smelling pizza. To my disappointment, this was not the pizza I was looking for. Otherwise, the frozen pizza was my second favorite of the three.

The second pizza that I sampled was the pre-made crust pizza. When looking at this slice I thought that it looked sad. The cheese did not get golden brown and, again, it was another thin crusted pizza. Before taking a bite hopeing that this would be the answer to my quest, but, sadly, this partially home made pizza did not have that magical smell. After taking a bit and analyzing the pizza I came to the conclusion that this pizza sucked. The crust was super chewy and not crunchy. The sauce, which was really good, overpowered the cheese. Overall, this was my least favorite pizza of the three.

The last pizza I tried was fully homemade. At first glance, I knew this was the pizza for me. It had a thick crust, golden brown cheese and a vibrant red sauce that made my taste buds jump for joy. Sure enough, when I took a big whiff, the aroma matched the scent in the room. My quest had be finished! And to celebrate my victory, I got to taste the super soft and fluffy crust along with a mouthful of cheese and homemade sauce.



No comments:

Post a Comment