Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bears in a Bubble Bath

Ingredients:
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup of butter, melted
1 egg
24 Rolo chocolates, unwrapped
2 cups of miniature marshmallows
48 Teddy Grahams
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cake mix, melted butter and egg together. This should be like a soft dough. Take a spoonful of batter and roll into a small ball. Push dough ball into a mini-muffin tin. Take a Rolo and push into the center of the batter. Fill up the muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes. Take the muffin tin out and add 3-4 mini-marshmallows on top of each treat. Push in 2 Teddy Graham bear cookies into each treat. Bake for 2 more minutes to melt the marshmallows a bit. Cool and enjoy!

For my home cooking lab I made a very cute and easy dessert called Bears in a Bubble Bath. At first when I found this on Pinterest, I was like that looks way too difficult, but it ended up having very little ingredients and was very easy to make. This mixing method used to make this recipe was not one we have learned in class yet but in a way it is like the straight dough method because you mix all the ingredients together right away but you don't use a dough hook to mix it. I believe this mixing method is called the one stage mixing method or also known as the one bowl mixing method. This method is when you mix all the ingredients together all at once in one bowl just until it's combined, often with a wooden spoon or could be used with the paddle if using a mixer. I did have some doubts about how this recipe would turn out since it was made with a cake mix and normally when you make cakes you add so much more liquid to it but this only called for 1/2 cup of butter melted and 1 egg, so when I was mixing it, I was a little worried that it would be way too dry and I'd need to add more liquid, but it ended up turning perfect and it was very easy to handle. The recipe said to make it in a mini muffin pan, but I just used a normal one and changed up the number of mini marshmallows, Rolos, and Teddy Grahams so that it would look better with the bigger Bears in a Bubble Bath.
I think my favorite part of making this was placing the marshmallows and bears into the tub, because it was fun to create this and make it look perfect. I brought these to a party, and all of my friends loved it, and so did I. Not only did it look good, it tasted good. The tub part tasted a lot like a cake but definitely had more of a texture of a brownie. It wasn't as moist or fluffy, it was more like a cross between a cake and a cookie kind of texture. The overall taste of the product was absolutely delicious with the blends of chocolate from the cake mix and the Rolo that had caramel and when you added that with marshmallows and Teddy Grahams, it created the perfect taste in your mouth that made your tummy already call for more. Overall, this was definitely such a fun recipe to make and with how easy it was made and how good it turned out and tasted, I will definitely be making it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment