Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ba na na na na na na bread

I was bored over break and decided to bake something I love!


  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan, preferably glass.
  2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Stir bananas, milk, and cinnamon in another bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a third bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs to butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir banana mixture into butter mixture. Stir in dry mixture until blended. Fold in chocolate chips until just combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing
The Bread turned out great. There is this distinct texture and moisture in banana bread that I favor only in banana bread and strongly dislike in others. I mean who would want a soggy bread, but banana bread to me taste a bit like a muffin. It was light and delightful and also had the taste of banana in them. The smell of opening the oven door just placed me in my comfort zone. The aroma had the rich smell of fresh bananas, and the chocolate chip morsels just topped it off. When I first bit into it, it was hot!

      











     Taste: After tasting the bread, it had a heaping full of banana taste in it which is a good thing. The bread was rich in flavor, moist, and dense like a cake. The bread was airy and the gas produced, produced holes that are nice and fluffy. Since the bread was very moist, it got me craving something crunchy and dry. 
     Texture: The bread, felt very dense and cold. I let the bread sit for awhile and it left the bread cold and soft. The bread was moist and had banana traces in it. The crust of the bread was not so delectable as some would say, it was very bland with a hint of banana.
     Smell: The smell of the banana bread was filling the house with the smell of bananas. It was a very rich and sweet scent that was very delightful and made me hungry for banana bread. The smell of opening the oven door and boom, a whiff of the tropical islands of Hawaii
    Appearance: The bread looked very delicate. Cutting the bread, it was not uniform in shape. The bread fell nice onto the parchment paper and was displayed as picture-worthy. Inside you can see the bread is yellow and that it is filled with small chunks of banana. 
     I really enjoyed following this recipe because it was simple and easy. Although the bread was somewhat burnt, it still felt like grandmas home made banana bread. I would give this product a 4 out of 5 because of it just being burned in the corners. Also, the bottom stuck to the pan, so that kind of messed the good part up. But everything went alright, and I would try adding less sugar next time. I learned a new recipe to try at home, a sweet and savory bread. I would make this bread again and make it to share, because it is something worth getting out there. I learned that the pan used affects the uneven heating while your baking. The corners were burnt and the bread cascaded when we were cutting it, so I would give it more time to chill out and find the right pan to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment